My dearest family and friends it is with much humility and gratitude that I write you again. We received the results of the surgery. I have been the recipient of a modern day healing, a miracle. As Carson told you, they were worried that the area against which the cancer had been pressed/stuck may have been contaminated as well. The results came back negative. No cancer cells remaining!! The little biopsies (the samples taken all over my stomach) came back negative too. No cancer cells!! It was also in stage one!! For those of you who wish they could have been surgeons this is for you. The tumor they removed measured 6cm. My incision is 6 inches long and is held together by super glue! (It is a sterile sort of medical glue used instead of stitches- cosmetic reasons-thank you doctor!)
I have to tell you I sat so many times and bawled, completely overwhelmed as I read all of your emails and letters, packages etc. with words of encouragement and love. You have touched me deeply.
It has been such a weird mix of emotions for me to learn of these results. I feel wrong to "high five", and scream and shout as if I had just won the Super Bowl! I truly feel humbled and unworthy to receive this enormous bunch of blessings. I really am excited and cannot stop smiling -don't get me wrong! :) I just want you all, before the "high fives", to recognize that you have been part of a miracle. A modern day miracle. You have witnessed first hand the power of your faith. It has moved a figurative mountain. Hopefully being part of a miracle will strengthen that faith even more.
My Father in Heaven has taught me through the scriptures, blessings and whisperings throughout this entire 4 1/2 year process. These are called tender mercies. Things he gives us that he doesn't have to, but they are to show his love and mercy toward us. I received a priesthood blessing recently. These blessings are sacred and not to be shared lightly. However, one thing I was told in the blessing was that it is my responsibility to share this experience when I felt prompted. There is one of these many tender mercies that I feel I should share. In the blessing the medical professionals and all involved were blessed to draw upon all of the knowledge they've gained. Then I was told that they have been blessed with skills and abilities to be able to heal, but that ultimately the true healing would be through the Savior's Atonement. The atonement, for those who are a little fuzzy on this term, is the reason we are able to change. The reason we can be healed. The reason we can be changed from sick to whole. To be changed from heartbroken and depressed to comforted. To be changed from someone with bad habits to someone without. To be changed from someone bitter and unforgiving to someone free from grudges and spite. Any healing physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually all comes from this atonement. The one who made this atonement possible is our Savior, our brother Jesus Christ. His actions of suffering and dying for each one of us make up this atonement. Some of my favorite scriptures are found in the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma. Chapter 7. Verses 11-13. The people in the Book of Mormon lived anciently on the American continent. They had prophets and received revelation like unto the Bible. In this particular time period the prophet's name was Alma and he was teaching people in a city named Gideon. He was telling them about the Savior Jesus Christ who would one day come. He says "And He shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind;...he will take upon him the pains and sickness of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities....he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance..."
Succor means to help, comfort, support, aid or relief. He suffered all of that so that he could take that suffering from us or comfort us during it. I am forever grateful for this act of selflessness on his part so that I could be succored. I have taught Madison that when we pray for something and Heavenly Father helps us we need to immediately say another prayer of thanks. A "thank you prayer". I would encourage you to say a "thank you prayer" sometime today.Also this next fast Sunday my fast will be one of gratitude. I hope that all of you will include in your fast a prayer of thanks for the answer you received from your prayers. Also the last thing I want to encourage is for those who are able, to go to the temple sometime this month. These are just a few ways I can think of beginning to repay Him. My hope is that He is flooded with as many prayers of gratitude as he was with prayers of pleading.
Thank you again for all of your faith, love, letters and prayers. You have blown me away. I love you, Kandi (ok, now high five!)
No comments:
Post a Comment