Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kandi's Surgery Went Well

I just wanted to give a brief up-date. Kandi's surgery went very well, the surgeon was very encouraging. The only concern is that the ovary to be removed was attatched to the pelvic wall and had to be cut out. The concern is that there may be cancer cells left where the tumor was in contact. She took some samples to be tested. The initial tests look good but we wont have any official information until early next week. The potential is that if there are still any cancer cells left then some chemo therapy may be required. Kandi is feeling well, just understadably sleepy! We are so grateful for all of your prayers and support! What wonderful experiences we have had because of you and your willingness to lend such wonderful support. The following is a poem that has been on my mind because of the amazing acts of selflessness and concern we have seen and felt. I heard it quoted by President Monson and it is one of my all-time favorites.
Living What We Pray For
I knelt to pray when day was done
And prayed, Oh Lord, bless everyone
Lift from each saddened heart the pain
And let the sick be well again.
Then I awoke another day
And carelessly went on my way
The whole day long I did not try
To wipe a tear from any eye
I did not try to share the load
Of any brother on the road.
I did not even go to see
The sick man, just next door to me.
Yet once again, when day was done
I prayed, Oh Lord, bless everyone.
But as I prayed, into my ear
There came a voice that whispered clear.
Pause now, my son, before you pray.
Whom have you tried to bless today?
Gods sweetest blessings always go
By hands that serve him here below.
Then I hid my face and cried.
Forgive me God, I have not tried.
Let me but live another day
And I will live the way I pray.
We have truly enjoyed some of Gods sweetest blessings that have come by your hands that serve Him here below!

No comments: